Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Apparently I was very, very ignorant

This past weekend, I went to Toronto with five of the most amazing women I have ever met. It was my first time to TO, and included my first visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame. I learned a lot of things on this trip. So much, in fact, that I am dedicating a blog post to...

THINGS I LEARNED IN TORONTO

1. Pat Kane was just arrested! -Em (friend from home)
2. It's possible to try to be a puck bunny and fail. -Mer and Kylie
3. If you are a fan of Sidney Crosby, you are from Nova Scotia. -guy on the street.
4. Ali and I shouldn't be friends anymore. -another guy on the street.
5. Wearing an Yzerman jersey gives you more street cred than wearing a Crosby jersey. -random guys at the HHOF
6. If you do a good job in a shinny game against the Rangers, they will take you back to NYC with them. In a helicopter. How BA is that? -Mystery Alaska
7. Wayne Gretzky owns a restaurant! -Ali and Wayne
8. Subway stations can come in the form of phone booths that beam you to wherever you are going. -Ali
9. If one person wearing a Detroit jersey walks to the HHOF with five people wearing Pittsburgh jerseys, people will stare. -random people
10. They will also take pictures. -same random people
11. Mike Green told Kylie to get a mocha. -Mike and Kylie
12. Mike and Kylie's children are going to have fro-hawks (mohawks of curly hair). -Kylie
13. You're not supposed to drink the tempura sauce. -Mer (edited to correct the sauce- for some reason, I thought it was tandoori)
14. Taylor Lautner is from a hockey town, not Hockeytown. Clarity is necessary so Kylie doesn't have a heart attack. -me and Kylie
15. It is, in fact, possible to fit six girls (and all of their shit) into a hotel room meant for four. Without the hotel figuring it out. -us
16. Winners come from Newfoundland. -the Baseball Junior National Champions

If I missed something, feel free to tell me in the comments section and I'll add it to the post. =]

In other awesome news, today is Valtteri Filppula Days! (AKA the NHL regular season starts in 51 days) I am anxiously awaiting the post over at Peachy, even though I have probably already seen all the pictures and videos that will be used. In fact, there is a really good chance that I sent all of them to Kylie last night. Whatever. I'm still pumped that one of my boys is being featured.

4 comments:

  1. Actually, it was tempura sauce... but please don't drink the Tandoori sauce either. BAD LIFE CHOICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. So so so so so much. If it were a tweet I would favorite it. haha...

    Maybe I'll just print it out and put in on my wall... if my printer worked. Hhhhmmm....

    Anyway, I'll be sure to figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!
    i can't believe i drank that sauce!
    i love this.
    it made me smile super-huge.
    my printer IS working so i think i WILL print it out and hang it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this completely made my day.

    I have tears streaming down my face from laughing.

    I miss you. A lot!

    ReplyDelete